Friday, February 27, 2009

Surely it's just an old wall?!

Panasonic LX1, 1/320 sec, f4, ISO 80, 28mm equivalent (click to enlarge)

How interesting can an old wall be! A good question I’m sure. I was walking past the wall in the above photo and just something about it caught my attention. It might have been the texture of the ancient stone or the way the overcast conditions gave an even tone and light – I really don’t know. When looking at the original colour picture on my computer screen I thought it deserved a gritty, grainy treatment to emphasise the textures a bit more.

You may know my style by now – of at least trying to see the hand of God at work in all things. What came to mind here? Well I could do no better than be reminded of the traditional canticle at morning prayer (yes that one ;-)
We have a strong city: salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
(Isaiah 26:1)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that old wall.

I had a great grandfather who was a stone mason. He came from west Cork.