Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Camellia

Panasonic LX1, 1/100 sec, f3.6. ISO 80, 34mm equivalent (Click to enlarge)

I’m not a great gardener, I’m one for sitting in the sunshine on the lawn rather than getting excited about bedding plants or shrubbery, but I do especially love watching and waiting for the spring. For me there is something special about seeing the snowdrops and the crocuses emerge, then the daffodils bursting forth with vivid life and colour. For most of my life I was blissfully unaware of this seasonal glory, failing to see or appreciate the beauty that was all around me. Thankfully though I have a patient and (I’m ashamed to admit it) long-suffering wife who has slowly but surely turned this gardening Philistine into someone who can see and appreciated God’s hand at work, not only in the starry night sky and in mountainous vistas, but in every small corner of the world too – including our very ordinary back garden…

No comments: