Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Failed crop?

Canon A570is, 1/320sec, F4, ISO 80, 5.8mm (click to enlarge)

It’s a bit sad driving around the parish and seeing the crops damaged by the heavy rain. When I took the picture above during a drive from Ballymore back home, I noticed how the wheat was all bent over. Apparently though this is not necessarily a ruined crop. I was speaking to a farmer on Sunday and asked him about the bent over wheat and he said that it can still be harvested so long as it hasn’t sprouted and so long as the rain hasn’t completely flattened the crop. I hope and pray that there will be better weather over the coming days so that the crop in this field and many others can be saved. However, it seems that we are having the tail-end of hurricanes ‘Gustav’, ‘Hannah’ and ‘Ike’ at the moment... Didn’t someone say that we were going to have good weather in September?!

I was asked by online Christian magazine "Good News Now", if they could use this photo as their "picture of the day". I was delighted to give them permission to use it but go and have a look at the other pictures there, they are all much better than mine!

No comments: