Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Belvelly, Cobh

Canon A570is 2 exposures made into panorama

I'm really blessed to have such a scenic parish to drive around in. This photo is taken on the Cobh side of Belvelly Bridge. The sign that greets you gives directions for Cobh going on the left and right roads, which can be quite confusing for the uninitiated! The Norman Keep in the picture is actually for sale - you can just make out the large auctioneers sign above the parked minibus - needless to say, it would take a bit of work. I drive over this bridge several times a week - though it is nearly always at its best early on a Sunday morning when I am on my way to church in Cobh. Many time I've wished I had my camera to capture a silvery winter sunrise or the glorious blue of a midsummer's day (not too many of those mind you). So last Sunday morning I made sure I did have the camera and here is the picture - the clouds were not nearly that dark in reality, it is just the extra contrast produced by taking the shot into the sun.

No comments: