Sunday, April 4, 2010

Something about that foot

Detail from Stained Glass in the Church of the Ascension, Timoleague, Co. Cork
Nikon D70s, f4, 1/30 sec, ISO 200, 75mm equivalent


There's something about that foot.  It was one of my first Sundays in Timoleague when I saw it.  The image seemed to jump out at me.  I even remember waking in the early hours of one morning with this image burning in my mind.  It's the wound of course.  It is compelling, it says so much, it is so deep so clinically cut, so painful looking.  This is the bit that get's me - it is my fault.  It is my fault that Christ had to be given those horrible wounds, more than that, that He willingly allowed those wounds in order to take the punishment that I deserve.  Such incredible love and amazing grace, what a Sacrifice, what a Saviour.  


Happy Easter.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Happy Easter to you all!

Daniel & Sonja said...

Thank you Gary - and a very happy Easter to you both too.