Monday, July 27, 2009

Worldwide Photo Walk: Cork

Nikon D70s, f5, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, 69mm equivalent

Nikon D70s, f4.5, 1/80 sec, -0.33 Ev, ISO 200, 27mm equivalent

Nikon D70s, f4.5, 1/125 sec, ISO 640, 84mm equivalent

Nikon D70s, f8, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, 27mm equivalent

A couple of Saturdays ago I had the pleasure of meeting up with a bunch of photographers for a "photo walk" around Cork city, organised by Donncha O Caoimh as part of Scott Kelby's Worldwide photo walk. I'd never done anything like this before at all and it was really great fun. Normally when I start talking to people about available light, aperture, hyperfocal distance and so on the yawns come even quicker than during one of my Sunday sermons. But here I was, able to converse in photographer's gobbledegook and learn so much from others who knew a lot more than me.

The city was very crowded with various events that were happening, so the group dwindled as the afternoon wore on. I lost them after about two hours or so but by then I'd managed to take 88 pictures and went home happy.

You can see everyone's pictures on a Flickr group. I can't wait until the next photo walk, when hopefully the sun will shine for a bit longer than the 5 minutes it did on this occasion!

No comments: