Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The food of love ...

The Chocolate Shop, English Market, Cork
Panasonic LX1, f2.8, 1/30 sec, ISO 80, 28mm equivalent

Shakespeare said that “If music be the food of love …”. Of course, I’m sure he’s right, but I would like to also put forward the case for something else … chocolate!

Eat … delicacies that melt in your mouth. Likewise knowledge, and wisdom for your soul— Get that and your future's secured, your hope is on solid rock.

Proverbs 26:13,14 (Abbreviated from The Message)

4 comments:

Grannymar said...

Nom nom! Dark chocolate I like.

Ian Poulton said...

It being Lent, not one of those will cross your lips until next Sunday!

Joc Sanders said...

It's not so much the melt in the mouth that gets me, it's the ravishing scent of the chocolate shop. Neuhaus in Brussels calls from the other end of the arcade - is it the same in the English Market?

Daniel & Sonja said...

Ha Ha, Joc I don't know about from the other end of the arcade, this shop is tucked into a corner and it just sort of sneaks up on you and then grabs you unexpectedly!

Ian, of course none of my purchase (a moderately sized box of Pralines for €16) will be consumed during Lent ;-)

Grannymar - I concur!