Friday, November 14, 2008

I like Ireland's "Dirtiest Town"

Panasonic LX1, f5.6, 1/640 sec, -0.66EV, ISO 80, 28mm Equivalent (Click to Enlarge)

Cobh was recently voted the dirtiest town in Ireland. I can understand this because litter is a big problem and the town is in fairly urgent need of a makeover. However, there are many old buildings with lots of character and it is a lovely place to stroll around, the people are friendly and the atmosphere is alive with history - so it's not all bad. I think I prefer dirty with character than somewhere that was pristine and yet lifeless...

The above photo I took earlier this week as I was walking along the main street, looking south into the harbour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A doubly delightful discovery, my friend: you have a blog and you are into photography! What a find. JcJ